We Miss Our Guests!!
Tourism staff is available and happy to offer information by phone or email Monday - Friday 8 am - 5 pm.
704-484-4804 [email protected]
If your're in the area Monday - Friday, drop by the Chamber of Commerce located in Uptown Shelby at 200 S. Lafayette Street.
During this unprecedented time, we want to ensure the best outcomes for those who offer wonderful experiences to all who visit from around the world while we prepare to safely welcome you for a visit when the time is right!
In the meantime, be well and show a little extra love to those in the tourism industry. I am sure you will make someone smile!
Cleveland County Tourism is strongly urging residents and visitors to take precautions relating to COVID-19, including
- Waiting at least 6 feet apart
- Wearing a mask (required in all public places)
- Washing your hands.
NC Governor Roy Cooper moved to a Safer at Home (Phase 3.0) executive order effective through at least Friday, October 23rd unless changed or canceled. All entities allowed to operate must adhere to all operations restrictions and requirements for the health of the public and staff.
Below are Phase 3.0 Operating Rules. Please check with businesses, attractions and event organizers for the most up-to-date information regarding each businesses closures, adjusted hours or services and canceled or postponed events and festivals.
- RESTAURANTS may provide take-out and delivery orders, and dine-in with 50% capacity. Restrictions on late night alcohol sales (11 pm - 7 am) are in effect until October 23rd until otherwise designated.
- WINERIES are open and offer beautiful wide-open outdoor spaces for safely enjoying locally crafted beverages!
- RETAIL may open at 50% capacity.
- HOTELS are open.
- MUSEUMS are open at 50% capacity.
- GYMS AND FITNESS STUDIOS are open at 30% capacity.
- PLAYGROUNDS are open.
- LARGE OUTDOOR VENUES with seating greater than 10,000 may operate with 7% occupancy for spectators.
- SMALL OUTDOOR VENUES, like arenas or amphitheaters, may operate outdoors at 30% of outdoor capacity, or 100 guests, whichever is less.
- MOVIE THEATERS AND CONFERENCE CENTERS may open indoor spaces to 30% of capacity, or 100 guests, whichever is less.
- AMUSEMENT PARKS may open at 30% occupancy, outdoor attractions only.
- BARS may operate outdoors at 30% of outdoor capacity, or 100 guests, whichever is less.
- OPEN with restrictions: Barbers, salons and personal-care businesses, large venues, arenas and stadiums, pools.
- The limits on mass gatherings will remain at 25 people indoors and 50 people outdoors.
For the most up to date and detailed information on COVID-19:
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s COVID-19 Situation Summary webpage
NC Department of Health and Human Services COVID 19 Resources and Information webpage